FOOD SAFETY AUDITS
To strengthen the food safety surveillance system, FSSAI has envisaged audits of Food Business Operators through Private Auditing Agencies. In order to cultivate and foster the growth of compliance culture, FSSAI is enabling compliance through private recognised Auditing Agencies. Food Safety and Standards (Food Safety Auditing) Regulations, 2018 have been notified on 28th August 2018 for the same.
Food Safety Audits will reduce the regulatory Food Safety Inspections conducted by Central or State Licensing Authorities. Satisfactory Audits will lead to less frequent regulatory inspections by Central or State Licensing Authority except the regulatory sampling. This will strengthen food safety surveillance system and encourage self-compliance while at the same time assuring safe food to the consumers.
- Auditor Manual for Auditors of FSSAI Recognized agencies [PDF, 32 MB]. (Uploaded on: 16.01.2019)
- FAQ on Food Safety Audits [PDF, 549 KB]. (Uploaded on: 16.01.2019)
- Food Safety and Standards (Food Safety Auditing) Regulations, 2018
- List of Auditing Agencies recognized as Food Safety Auditing Agencies under Food Safety & Standards (Food Safety Auditing) Regulations, 2018 (PDF, 706 KB) (Uploaded on: 07.01.2019)
- Procedure for Recognition of Food Safety Auditing Agencies. (PDF, 732 KB) (Uploaded on: 23.10.2018)